Wednesday, March 23, 2011

One year later and an award!

Well here I am one year after starting this blog. 176 posts was all I could manage in a year. I had rather hoped to post everyday and it started out that way, but then I took on more and more projects... I just can't say no to interesting collaborations!

However, I'm still here and I still hope for time to post more often. There are some 200+visitors a day which I find mind-boggling. I have heard from so many people! Some looking into research, others are people hoping to sell antique pieces of needlework, still others are people looking for appraisals!

I never even thought about what I would do about receiving messages from people... it never occurred to me that anyone would write to me. Now I am often overwhelmed by the amount of email to be answered and have some messages still in my inbox from last August!



I recently received an award from a fantastic blogger named Racaire who lives in Vienna. You can read her blog here. I received the same award from Eva in Finland, you can read her blog here. The requirements of receipt of this award as I understand them is to answer the following questions and then nominate five other blogs. I have to say that blogging myself has made me much more aware of other bloggers and it is difficult to choose only five gorgeous blogs but I will list my choices at the end of this post, they of course follow my interests!

Gorgeous Blogger Award questions:
When did you start your blog?
I started this (my one and only blog) on March 21, 2010.
What do you write about?
I write about Italian needlework and pretty much anything Italian textile related.
What makes this special?
When I first discovered the Italian needlework arena, what I noticed most was how little was known about it to the English-speaking world and how many treasures were just waiting to be brought to light. The more needleworkers and textile enthusiasts I met, the more I wanted to show them the wonders of the Italian needlework and textile world.
What made you start writing?
After 10 years of collecting and exploring and researching, I felt it was time to share what I had discovered as I don't feel that all the information that I have collected should be closeted away for my own enjoyment. I am still learning so much that I think I will never run out of things to blog about!
What would you change in your blog?
If I could change anything it would be the amount of time I have to blog. I wish there were more hours in the day and I could post more often!

Five Gorgeous Blogs I pass on this award to:
Elisabetta - ricami a mano
The Textile Blog
Ricamo, fichi e fichi d'india
Dentelles d'abord
Ricami e... altro

There are so many others but I must stop at five.
Thank you dear readers for a very pleasurable year of blogging, I hope to deliver more interesting things to you in the year to come!

8 comments:

  1. It is very interesting to read your latest post. I too have just passed that one year mark in blogging :)) I too have this week been awarded a virtual prize ( my blog was one of 7 named blogs on someone's blog) and I passed it on to further 7 bloggers :))
    I do visit here now and then, even if I don't leave a comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the "fantastic blogger" :D
    *bighug*
    ...btw. soon I complete my 6th year of blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for your two awards! I'll check out the blogs you nominated, and would be interested in any more (future post?!) about hand-done embroidery, needlepoint in particular. Lots of machine-stitching related stuff on the web, (faster) cross-stitch has its fair share, but patience-requiring handdone needlepoint apparently isn't a glam topic (may I mention my blog on it, just in case anyone is interested? "Ars acupicturae stellae - Star's Needlepoint Art," http://arsacupicturaestellae.blogspot.com, thanks!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Io vorrei ringraziarti per le tantissime cose che ho appreso dal tuo blog in quest'anno trascorso. Complimenti vivissimi: sei bravissima!
    a presto
    Renata

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!
    I find your blog to be very interesting and have bookmarked it for frequent visiting,
    Found your blog after my niece, currently in London, gifted me with thread and an instruction book (in italian, which i do not speak) for Puncetto. i can not say i am skilled in any of the other Italian styles although I do other needlework of various traditions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shirley,
    You might want to check out this lady's blog for instructions on Puncetto in English:
    http://apinnick.wordpress.com/category/crafts/puncetto-valsesiano/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the suggested link, that's the book I was sent. My niece is fluent in Italian, and her dad Italian by birth lives nearby. But already I see a step I had missed. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning :) I love following your blog and would like to nominate you for the award. Did google for it but cannot find how to get there! Can you please direct me? Grazie e baci ... Pelin

    ReplyDelete